ESS (Eligibility Screening Services)
Helping you find resources to pay for medical care
Tenemos traductorres de español aqui para ayudarle
It's Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace!
November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
We can help you explore your options and apply for coverage, and our services are free!
Call (856) 878-6891 to schedule a free appointment, or book an appointment online:
The Marketplace may be more affordable than you think1:
- 8 of 10 enrollees receive help (subsidies) with monthly premium payments
- 70% of enrollees currently pay $75 or less in monthly premiums
- Subsidies increase as premiums rise; your cost is based on income/household size
- The median individual deductible has decreased $50 from 2015 to 2016 (now $850)
- 1/3 of enrollees currently have deductibles of $250 or less; over 1/2 have deductibles less than $1,000
All plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace include Essential Health Benefits, and you cannot be denied access to any plan because of a pre-existing condition. Plan coverage includes:
- Free preventive care and wellness services
- Pediatric, maternity and emergency care
- Prescription drugs
- Lab services
- Rehabilitation services
- Mental and behavioral healthcare treatment
Penalties: If you can afford health insurance coverage for 2017 but do not sign-up, you may have to pay a penalty on your Federal Income Tax Return. The penalty is either 2.5% of family income or a flat rate, whichever is higher. (The 2016 flat rate was $695 per adult, $347.50 per child, with a maximum fee of $2,085, but these figures will be adjusted for inflation for 2017.)
About ESS Services
ESS staff provides free assistance throughout the year to individuals who need help gaining access to healthcare services, or with paying medical bills. This includes helping individuals apply for coverage on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Our screening questionnaire allows us to identify programs at the federal, state and county levels which can help you with access and expenses; we will then help you gather required information and documentation, and complete the application.
Remember, our services are free!
Call (856) 878-6891 or schedule an appointment online: www.GetCoveredAmerica.org/connector